Thursday, October 29, 2015

Chris Minh Doky - 'New Nordic Jazz' (2015)



Danish bassist and composer Chris Minh Doky has just released his new album called "New Nordic Jazz".
"I have long wanted to explore and crystalize my heritage from the Danish Nordic culture with some of my favorite Danish musicians, pianist Peter Rosendal and drummer Jonas Johansen".- He says - "I want to let the spirit of jazz lead us to a new sound. A Nordic Sound. A sound rooted in the acoustic and organic traditions of Denmark. I want my instrument to be the voice of these stories, standing on the shoulders of another proud tradition of Denmark; The Acoustic Bass".
Read more about the project. You can listen to this great album, among others, on Spotify and Deezer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive