Tuesday, September 8, 2015

John Pizzarelli - 'Midnight McCartney' (2015)

Paul McCartney had a great idea for an album. He just needed the world-renowned guitarist and singer John Pizzarelli to make it.
"I got an idea got in my head,” McCartney wrote to Pizzarelli in late May 2014. "It might be interesting for you to do a few of my songs that are lesser known than some of the others. I realize this may be a little immodest, if not pushy.” "I imagine the songs would include post-Beatles melodies of mine like ‘Love in the Open Air’ (from the soundtrack to 1967 film The Family Way), ‘Junk,’ ‘Warm and Beautiful’ and, possibly, ‘My Valentine.’”
"The beauty of the project was having a lot of time to sit and listen to these things and make sure it was right,” Pizzarelli says. "There were a lot of things we had never done before – a lot of background vocals, additional horns and handclaps. That really made it into something.” Read more...



Concord Records will release Midnight McCartney, Pizzarelli's 11th album for the label, on September 11, 2015.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive